Yes to Chicken Pot Pie in your life!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog Yes to Chicken Pot Pie in your life!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

I made the Chicken Pot Pie last night – per Marie’s recipe (for which she would like to give credit to Sylvia Tiller – who gave it to her).  It’s actually quite simple, tho I would have NEVER guessed that frozen vegetables would work so well in this.  I’m not a fan of any frozen veggies (except okra in Jambalaya – because I’ve tried it both ways and it’s JUST as good) – preferring to be old school and cut everything meticulously myself.  However a simple bag of Kroger brand mixed veggies, corn, peas, carrots and thin green beans tastes totally as good as I can imagine fresh would taste.  Add a frozen pie crust (which I use for crab quiche as well) and this is incredibly easy and quick to be so satisfying!

not quite as pretty as Marie’s – next time I will roll out the top crust (instead of trying to use pre-formed) – not to mention, it looks more home-made that way 🙂

Say yes to the best!  comfort food!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Vicki.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Vicki.
      grantfritch
      Participant

Frozen??? Is this really Vicki??  Lol.  Let’s make them side by side and test.

Vicki
        Keymaster

i know, right?  I am thinking about trying it with fresh veggies – but I have to say it was GOOD! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.