Wok this Way!!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog Wok this Way!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

ok, you KNOW you have Aerosmith in your head now …. and some of you are picturing the closet cleaning scene in Sex and the City.

But, back to food! International Cuisine week 2 (first week cooking – last week we learned how to properly clean a wok) is Chinese food – one of the oldest cultures whom I learned contributed a LOT to the evolution of cooking (in a quote, while the French were still gnawing on bones).

I made a roast pork Char Sui, then chopped that up to make a filling for steamed buns or Bao (yes, in a bamboo steamer over the wok).  we don’t all make the same things and my cooking partner is vegan and thus gave me her Yangzhou Chau Fan – shrimp fried rice.  Recipes were good but not fabulous.

The best actually was the spicy green beans, which my partner made, but I made them last weekend and yes, YUM! you poach them in oil first (so that’s why they are always wrinkled in the restaurant) and then stir fry them

Culinary Nutrition was quite tasty with a group project of herb infused oil (basil and chive) – NICE, bread slices, Sea Bass with Tomato and Serrano – YUM, steamed asparagus, and an almond milk pastry cream with fruit – YUM again!

Next week, Indian and Scallops – have I mentioned how much I love culinary school?

Team NUT project 🙂

YUM beans! (and the poaching can you see the wrinkles?)

Buns (yes, I don’t need more – I made 16!) and fried rice

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Vicki.
      grantfritch
      Participant

Let’s have dim sum!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.