WELCOME to the perfect bite!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog WELCOME to the perfect bite!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

As many of you know, my birthday falls on cinco de mayo, and while i always avoid any mexican restaurant, 2009 found me in London with a biz colleague Dan Caldwell, my darling daughter and our wonderful UK friend/colleague John Charnock.  They surprised me before dinner with the champagne flight on the London eye (pic on home page) and during our lovely dinner at our favorite restaurant – North Bank, John chuckled in amusement as Jen and I not only shared food (many of you choose to sit next to me for just this reason) but created “perfect bites” for others and asked for same.  I explained the concept (see “about”) and my passion for food, my one time start writing a perfect bite cookbook (never finished but i’ve sent the risotto pages to multiple folks with success and thanks) and a few days later John sent me an email “Hey Look!” and a link to the beginnings of Perfect bite.  I had great fun for a few years populating it with restaurants i visited, recipes i collected, blog pages and pics … and Vera discovered and shared the awesome fried green tomato, goat cheese BLT at Meadowlark!   Then it crashed.

John moved everything over to WordPress a couple of years ago and told me to rebuild the content.   FINALLY as a commitment to myself over holiday break this year, i DID it! (tho the old blog and pics are lost, i fear).  So here we are now, me a self described “kid in a candy store”, living in Pittsburgh with a fabulous food scene (YES, 2015 Zagats FOOD CITY OF THE YEAR) and so it reappears.  It’s 3 year old content to start, tho i added a few Pittsburgh fave restaurants and a few blogs.

You can join the blog, add your own “perfect bite” posts and pics, your own recipes, comment on my blog and of course send me recipes and restaurants to try/add.

Casual Critic is for comments about restaurants and the Perfect Bite forum is for anything!

Recipes from you is … well obvious.

Let the food chat begin!

Vicki

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.