too cool for school!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog too cool for school!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

…..or that should be “Too Cool IS School” – or WAS anyway, if you read my last post, the last 2 weeks of live class have been moved to “remote” and since we can’t cook that way, it’s basically cancelled.  We can still take the written exam online (as planned), but instead of having a timed exam, where we’ll have 2.5 hours to prepare a grilled strip steak with sauce béarnaise, and mélange of Julienne vegetables – blanched and sautéed , Chateau potatoes (you’ll see those in a minute – basically a difficult knife cut – kind of football shaped potatoes) with chopped parsley and cream of Tomato Soup with croutons, we get to do all of the knife cuts @h and email pics of them.  I’m also missing Roasted Herb Chicken with pan gravy, duchesse potatoes, Oven roasted Winter vegetables, Roasted Pork Loin (trussed) with sauce Normandy which would have been THIS Friday.   Damn – I worked my way up to  “Roast Menu” week!  no school for 8 WEEKS now – I’ll be going through withdrawal!

Meanwhile, I’d like to showcase what I DID cook this past Friday (normal class, not an exam) – re-enacted at home (and yes, I DID get an excellent on those potatoes!)

YUM!  tasty weekend!

Grill Menu:

Grilled Salmon with Pico de Gallo and Grilled Vegetables (yes, there is a cauliflower “steak” on the bottom that you can’t see 🙂

Grilled strip steak with Sauce Chasseur and Chateau Potatoes (football cuts, parboiled and then fried in butter)

and just for giggles – my dinner delivered Friday night from next door (it’s extremely rare that someone feeds me! so I want to celebrate) – short rib taco’s!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Vicki.
      grantfritch
      Participant

Nice job!  Yeah, class cancelled is a bummer.  You are doing so well and its great to see your progress.  The Tacos look good too!

Vicki
        Keymaster

the taco’s were good – thanks to Joe :-). I  will miss class – hopefully I’ll have kids home over the holidays to distract me!  Miss cooking with you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.