the final (sweet) curtain

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog the final (sweet) curtain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

well, baking class has come to an end, I SO never thought I would say that I am really going to miss it!

the final exam was to create our own dessert plate – which had to include a cake, an ice cream, a mousse and a garnish (suggest cookie) and a sauce. Presented as 4 identical plates

Mine was an almond tuile cookie (with the almonds this time) – the “stack thingy” was an almond cake, with amaretto simple syrup, the now even more famous Maisonnette chocolate mousse (SO good), and chocolate ganache, home made vanilla bean ice cream (to DIE for) and a raspberry coulis with amaretto.

SO YUM!   I got a 96 (my stacks were a little short and then a little heavy on the ganache when I tried to “fix them”, my cookies not QUITE crunchy enough – everything else – PERFECT!

CJTrotter
      Participant

YUM! Congratulations! It looks like you may be converted to a sweet eater!

Vicki
        Keymaster

thanks!   I’m not eating a ton, but certainly a lot more than I did before!   I ate one of those plates after they were graded!  🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.