Testing Bites of Spain – oh yeah!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog Testing Bites of Spain – oh yeah!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

I have a friend who visited Spain with his family last fall and fell in love with the food and especially Paella.  He wants me to bring my Paella pans over and we will cook it together for his family.  SO, I started working on a Bites of Spain menu (Tapas and Paella) last week and tried some recipes on Saturday.  It brought back very nice memories of my time in Madrid (with daughter Jen) and Barcelona and asking my friend Julio for a good family Paella recipe – he replied “it’s like Pizza for an Italian – you put in what you like” – obviously his wife did the cooking!

The Croquetas de Jamón were awesome (even without finding Serrano ham – I used a domestic smoked ham) – so I’ve included the link to the website where I found them – as I followed the recipe pretty much exactly on those.

The rest of the food was good, but not great.  Grant then gave me his “Spanish Mother’s” recipe for Tortilla Española – which he learned to make when he lived in Spain when he was 17.   I made that yesterday (with nice success) and I’ve included both recipes (link and doc) on the recipe pages!  YUM, more work to do on Paella (tho it was QUITE good) and the Gambas al ajillo  (too paprika-y) –

Stay tuned Tapa’s fans! 🙂

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Vicki.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.