stay SAFE out there!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog stay SAFE out there!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

soooo, I’ve been so excited about starting culinary school – first week was primarily familiarizing ourselves, the campus closed down last week for a water main break, so we missed week 2 entirely (salads), so this was our first real week – Egg Week!   during the lecture/Demo Tuesday our instructor demonstrated all of the egg dishes we would need to cook on Friday. (pic below)

Friday dawns and my alarm, doesn’t go off, dogs don’t behave, traffic us heavy and I arrive for class 5 minutes late for my 8am LAB class – to find a seemingly empty room and locked door. after running everywhere, people finally show up at the cooking stations and I get in 30 minutes late. so I was flustered and behind everyone else the whole class, of course!   tho I DID get a complement on my French rolled omelet 🙂

Everyone’s done and ready for class to be dismissed, but I still have to do my dishes.   while rushing to get them done, I managed to swipe the tip of my chef’s knife across the tip of my middle finger!   I may not have mentioned this yet, but the knife kit we were issued in week one has REALLY sharp knives in it (not like mine at home)

long story short, I had to leave, with multiple bandages and blood still flowing and chef had to do my dishes – went straight to urgent care – where fortunately great folks were on duty, they helped me clean up, get out of my chef coat (before I stained it), jump the line and I got 6 stitches and a large gauze bandage.  (I will spare you THOSE pics!).  really tough to type, but I will do a catch up blog tomorrow.  have to go see if I can cook with this finger better than I can type!

I know they say dull knives are more dangerous, but I will be much more careful washing those knives from now on!

STAY SAFE OUT THERE!!!

V

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.