Shrimp Taco Slob

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog Shrimp Taco Slob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

how sloppy  is good sloppy?

I just watched a show (while testing a new soup – stay tuned) about the greatest sandwiches in the US – and the first one was the “Rocco” an Italian Lobster Reuben from DiMillo’s in Portland Maine – coincidentally one of my favorite restaurants in Portland!!  I haven’t been there in years, but had only one night there the last time and that is where I dined! Anyway, the host picked up this delicious looking sandwich and before taking a bite said “the sandwich is already sloppy, that’s when you know it’s good” – took a bite, was left with a messy mouth – and he finished his review with “sloppy and delicious!”

meanwhile, back to the shrimp taco – I did my usual research and found a recipe online that looked pretty good on a site called “pinch of yum” (obviously a kindred soul) link.   I made the Garlic Cilantro Lime sauce following the recipe and it was delish (tho I worried about the consistency) – though perhaps I just put too MUCH in the slaw? I kind of did my own spin on the spicy shrimp – which I prefer to do in the oven (so juicy!).   I used my preferred flour tortillas – which I always toast over a gas burner on the stove – as Belinda Alvarez thought me to do when I put on a cooking class for my wine club in Pittsburgh a few years ago. I DID use the shmear of avocado (good, as mine were quite ripe – worked perfectly), then slaw, then shrimp and I added my pickled shallots here – then added queso fresco.

I think this may have been one of the best taco’s I’ve ever made (or even eaten?) in my life.  Can you say YUM! a total NSO (to be explained in a later post to those who haven’t dined with me 🙂  However, I wore it!  every bite dripped down my fingers, onto my plate and once even on my pant leg (which was quickly remedied by a pup) – even tho I tried to dredge each bite in the sauce on the plate (even more mess!).  nothing was running down the show hosts fingers (and they put sauce in 3 places on that s’wish) but then perhaps that wasn’t the first take? – 🙂 things to ponder.

how sloppy  is good sloppy??

the evidence:

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Vicki.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Vicki.
      grantfritch
      Participant

Love is always in the sauce!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.