just desserts – in the nick of time!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog just desserts – in the nick of time!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

OK, I MUST post last Friday’s baking – before I bake more tomorrow! (which is today now, thanks to a technical snag that’s been fixed)

This was a fun class, creme brûlée  – tho mine were not QUITE set due to the convention oven, she said – I’ve made these a ton at home in a regular oven (ok, I DO make dessert on occasion!) – with no problems, so I think I’ll have to believe her.

We also did a very fun thing – with sawed off PVC pipe pieces – yes, you heard me correctly! with plastic inside of them to form molds for a yummy layered thing (not sure what to call it) utilizing the high ratio pound cake from last week, simple syrup, super yummy chocolate mousse (recipe from the maisonette – YES, YOU OH FOLKS HEARD ME CORRECTLY! one of our chef’s overseeing the program (and my academic advisor) was the former pastry chef there) and a fresh batch of chocolate ganache.

YUM!!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Vicki.
      johncharnock
      Keymaster

Looks really good YUMMMMMM!

Vicki
        Keymaster

They WERE!!!!  I didn’t think baking class would be so FUN!   I’m even eating a little (not a sweets person! 🙂

Vicki
          Keymaster

I forgot to mention, the sauce is a blackberry coulis and the creme brûlée has real vanilla beans (scraped from the pod)!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Vicki.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.