Healing Soups

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog Healing Soups

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

For those of you who know me well, you’ve likely experienced a cup of my world renown “healing soup” – creamy chicken pasta with sugar snaps and lemon juice … i perfected it one winter while breaking up with a certain quite charming man around 2001 and thought if i made enough of it, i’d eventually “heal”.  It became a requirement for all who were fighting a cold or sniffles, including my daughter who would call from THE Ohio State University and insist i drive to Columbus and make it for her when she felt ill.  I eventually insisted she learn to cook and i remember getting a quite urgent message when i landed from Europe one sunday as she was standing in the grocery store and need to know what went into it (later when perfect bite was first launched and i touted x number of hits to the website she laughed with “oh, those are all just me downloading the ingredients list for healing soup!”)

Last march, i discovered a wonderful recipe in Bon Appetit for a Cambodian shrimp and noodle medicine soup and posted to FB that there was a new healing soup in town.  It was amazingly Yummy and i think i need to revisit this soon.  Story/recipe here.

Feeling it only appropriate to post a pic of original healing soup as well, but it won’t do it justice.  recipe here

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Vicki.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Vicki.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Vicki.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.