Grant and GOODIES

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog Grant and GOODIES

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

You’ve never really been spoiled until you’ve had a visit by the most creative and generous friend – Grant!   He shows up with all sorts of goodies (like goats milk, local ribs and sourdough starter), cooks with you, makes cheese and bread for you, treats your dogs like they are adorable, and generally makes sure you have an awesome time while he’s there.   and on the heels of 6 months pretty much alone, this is ever MORE appreciated during a pandemic.  AND as previously stated in the last blog, he got tested so that he could safely come into my house, so I did as well.  what a delight to be able to have someone in my house without a mask and not be taking a serious health risk! 🙂

we made goat cheese (YUM!), feta, attempted mozzarella but the texture didn’t turn out (which turned out to be a good cheese for cheesy polenta), sourdough bread (and left me with my own starter), falling off the bone rubbed ribs, Chile rellenos (as taught to him by a Mexican adult when he was a child), went out for Indian and in general ate, drank and laughed our way through 3 delightful and scrumptious days!   pics below   (whew!  a lot to document!)

tho i was a little dismayed yesterday that only 2 people thought the news of me starting culinary school was exciting.   it is VERY exciting to me as you know food is my passion, but other than some fun classes – mostly at DLM, I’m completely self taught!!  LOL

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Vicki.
      grantfritch
      Participant

We always have so much fun together.  Like minds and equally determined Taurus born.  Let’s do it again!

Vicki
        Keymaster

yes – regularly!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.