don’t be a Chicken!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog don’t be a Chicken!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

ok, I think I’m turning into one!

I’ve broken down at least 5 whole ones in class – we cook it EVERY WEEK!  The weekend before this past one at home, I got 2 rotisserie chickens, made a huge pot of stock (yes, cooked 6 hours!), then made my favorite chicken soup, then made my favorite Chicken Makhani, then went to class LAST Tuesday (not today) and guess what?  I broke down a whole chicken and we made chicken stock, chicken consommé, grilled chicken breast with romesco sauce.  I ate all of this all week and weekend, and then today we made Sautéed chicken with onions, garlic and basil – surprisingly simple and good with the pan deglazed with white wine and lemon juice – along with polenta with wild mushrooms and sautéed broccoli rabe with garlic. AND I put a grilled chicken breast on my “mystery basket” salad.   I can’t remember a day when I haven’t eaten chicken!!!

Pics:

today’s sautéed chicken, and mystery salad, sauce YUM, polenta & shrooms YUM!

the weekend warrior

chicken consommée, grilled chicken with romesco, asparagus, Spanish rice and Sausage, Kale & bean soup!  what a day!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Vicki.
      johncharnock
      Keymaster

Time for a bit of beef !!

Vicki
        Keymaster

I agree! coming soon (to a theater near you!)
          🙂
          V

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.