cuisine française? non, c’est de la cuisine asiatique!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog cuisine française? non, c’est de la cuisine asiatique!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

I’m sure you all know that being trained as a classical chef means a LOT of French cooking, techniques, recipes, sauces, etc.  That’s primarily what we’ve been doing (go ahead SAY Boeuf Bourguignon in your best Julia Child voice – again!).

However, we got a nice break this week – and cooked asian food – including 2 dishes stir-fried in real woks (oh, and I must have that spatula that looks like a shovel!  yes!)

We first made a soba noodle dish with a spicy sachet (I left the seeds in the Serrano and mine was TOO spicy! – it’s just a sachet, right? wrong!) with shrimp and garnished with green onions.  Everyone’s noodles soaked up all of their flavored broth – so something was amiss there.  I just added more when I got home and toned down the spice a bit.

then we made nataing – a Cambodian red pork with coconut milk and peanuts – can you say YUM!

then stir fried rice with vegetables in the wok – kinda boring

last – asparagus and shiitake mushrooms, stir fried with oyster sauce – again YUM!

pic below!

CJTrotter
      Participant

JULIA!

Vicki
        Keymaster

Julia, in her asian mood – 2 of those dishes were really good!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.