Corn Chowder, Chiffon and Catching up!

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog Corn Chowder, Chiffon and Catching up!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

yes, I’m back with more alliterations! LOL – haven’t blogged for 2+ weeks for a myriad of reasons, ONE my darling daughter has been in town – whom I had not seen in 14 1/2 months! (thanks COVID!) , Two –  just CRAZY busy (I’m taking a break here before I do homework until 10pm again tonight!) and because I’m SO annoyed with FB for refusing to let all of those lovely people who liked and followed my FB page know when I post something (which is just a link to here, of course!), so I must re-create this as a personal page or just go back to posting on my own page. ANNOYING!

meanwhile, I’m 5 classes behind in blogging, not to mention all of the cooking I did for my “kids” (Jen and hubby, Chris) this past week and weekend!

we’ll start with week of March 15 (where I left off, because I’m just THAT way) – a yummy cooking class and a very successful cake (to compensate for that gooey one – tho both tasted great, and I even have witnesses now!)

gotta lead with the pretty pic – after I cut my slice for presentation:

Culinary Lab – barded roasts port tenderloin, with mustard béchamel sauce, green beans, fingerling potatoes and roasted corn chowder – Gotta say, this last one was the best of the lot!   So far, after my first try, I’m not a fan of “barding”  the pork tenderloin (wrapping the meat in fat and tying it), I like my crusty crust! (cruel and capricious pun!)

the presentation & the stash to take home!

Baking Lab – Orange Chiffon cake, with Italian Buttercream icing, garnished with candied orange “supremes” and chocolate coins decorated with buttercream graphics?  HELLOOO, not a thing that wasn’t awesome about this cake – AND it was PRETTY!! (my piping is starting to improve too).

before and after the coins – check out those cute little cocoa bean graphics (yes, made from cocoa butter!)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Vicki.
      grantfritch
      Participant

That cake is a ‘show stopper’.  Nice job! I hear it freezes well too. (for an upcoming visit by the Grant) :  )

Vicki
        Keymaster

Half of it is in the freezer now!   along with half of the chocolate with raspberry mousse!!   looking forward to that visit!    Let me know!     btw I’m booked full time with school through the end of the year (12/18) except for a week off between each semester (first week may, last week august I think) though you can be here while I’m in school, I just might have to do homework!  LOL

V

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.