cooking with one eye?

Welcome Forums Vicki’s blog cooking with one eye?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vicki
    Keymaster

Ok!   I started cooking again around 6pm Sunday – in the first 24 hours, I made carnitas (with the orange juice this time – not sure I can taste a TON of difference, but they sure were good!), Spring Chicken Soup (sorry, it wasn’t as good as the first time, so recipe not to be posted until a 3rd batch), home made mayo (yes, EVERY week this should be done! it takes less than 10 minutes and is SO worth it), home-made chicken salad (this was really good a 2nd time, think I’ve honed in on a good recipe, but not sure it’s “post-worthy” – it’s just good chicken salad LOL) and some more pickled shallots for the taco’s and bacon for the soup.   oh, and some lime aioli for street taco drizzle .

OH, I forgot – I also made macaroni and cheese – with a great tip I learned on Guys Grocery Games – use mozzarella as one of the cheeses (I used mozz and sharp white cheddar) – gives it an extra ooey gooey-ness! btw – I accidentally got “small shells” – not so great – why do they exist?  are they completely useless?  LOL

Do you think someone missed cooking for a week?

Last night I made a Tortilla Espanola again (with Grant’s recipe) – not quite as pretty as the last one I posted and a little heavy on the potato vs. egg ratio, but yummy just the same.  I know it’s not authentic, but I like aioli on top (and that uses that yummy home made mayo!)

Tonight I’m attempting to reproduce the Chicken Pot Pie with Marie’s recipe – if it’s as good, I’ll post immediately!   I know I owe you a few recipes that still need final vetting, but they must be “tried and true” – ie I make it at LEAST 2 times that it comes out consistently and tastes the best!   I’m here for you!  I do all the leg work so you can just make good food!   would love to hear that someone has cooked something!

Random pics 🙂

Carnitas

bacon

Tortilla Espanola

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Vicki.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Vicki.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.